Friday, October 28, 2011

Just one more stop

What an exciting few weeks it's been! Liana and I had such an awesome time on Koh Phangan. I highly recommend the island to anyone visiting the south. We didn't do much other than eat, relax, read and lay by the beach- but I think that's exactly how it was supposed to be. We ditched our bikes a few days early after we realized a good portion of the island is quite hilly, but we had a lot of fun when we didn't have to push them up steep mini mountains.

We had some change in plans, so instead of visiting Koh Samui we came back to Bangkok. I didn't mind though, I think I belong in big cities.

In an effort to avoid the flooding around Bangkok and possible flight cancellations, we rearranged schedules. Liana, sadly, will be flying back to New York tomorrow and I'll miss my travel companion dearly (though I already promised a visit sometime around Christmas). Although we haven't seen dramatic floods here in Bangkok and this area hasn't been affected like other parts of the country, we heard the worst is yet to come and the city may be hit hard. Instead of staying in Thailand until I leave for Rome, I decided to fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! This way, I avoid a long layover, fees for extending my visa here in Thailand and possibly being stranded.

This will be my first solo adventure! I've always had a friend, and often times multiple friends, when I explore new cities. But I admit, I'm a little excited to experience it for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment