Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!

A new year already? I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was ringing in 2010 at home and preparing for my last semester of college. Now I'm living in Asia with no idea where my life will take me next. I hope this update finds each and every one of you healthy and well!

It's been a pleasant few weeks since I updated last. I spent new year's with a lot of great friends here in Busan. We had the day off on Friday, so a few friends and I headed to the Busan Aquarium. I hadn't been yet and it was fun to walk through. Although I'm not really a fan of sea life, it was still enjoyable.



The kids are on winter break now. I believe they'll return to school in February or March from what they've told me. So we've had a few class changes. I now have a one-on-one class with a new student named Zanobia (exotic, right?) She's going to university in Seoul in March. She's from a small town right outside Busan, but while she's on winter break she's staying with her aunt here in the city. She's so interesting to talk to. She paints and plays a traditional Korean instrument, though I forgot what it's called. She said she came to our school so she could have conversation with a native English speaker, so I'm going to look forward to just talking with her as well. She's already taught me so much.

Happy 2011, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment