Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas time in Busan

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! It was a little odd being away from home this holiday season, but it was made easier with great company.

To be honest, it didn't really feel like Christmas. I had to work on Christmas eve and I didn't have the usual traditions that remind me it's close (like putting up the tree, etc). On Saturday morning I was able to wake up and skype with my entire family while they opened the gifts I sent them which I really enjoyed! They sat me in the corner and for a moment it felt like I was right back home. When my mom asked if anyone else wanted a piece of dessert and I said, "I do!" it felt like it was possible to just reach through the screen and grab it. The best part was convincing my brother to eat some of the dried squid I sent. He did not enjoy it whatsoever.

For dinner on Christmas night, about 30 friends got together in Hauendae for a buffet. It was delicious! So many choices and all western food. Finally able to use a fork. And the free wine wasn't too bad, either.


I hope this post finds you well. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment