Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I made it!

Hello, Dublin! I made it safe and sound here and the country is beautiful. It was an adventure to get over, however. I was supposed to go Chicago to Atlanta to Dublin with an hour layover between flights. Turns out my flight from Chicago to Atlanta was delayed an hour, which meant it was very unlikely I would make my flight. But everything was worked out and I got a flight direct from Chicago to Dublin! It was only about an eight hour flight. Not too bad at all. We finally made it here and I met several people from my tour group. A few of the girls and I decided to room together then we took off to see the city. So far we've been to a few pubs and met some of the locals. We learned that bathrooms are called "jacks" here, among other interesting tidbits of knowledge. We have a welcome drink tonight at 5:00 to meet the rest of the group then I think we'll call it an early night. I've only been in the city for a few hours, but I'm already having the time of my life. I've met some amazing people in the little time I've been off the plane, I can't wait to see what will happen to rest of the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment