Monday, September 26, 2011

Ha Noi

We've been in Ha Noi for a few days now so I feel like I can finally write down observations made thus far.

I really like Vietnam, though I say that about every country I visit. I can't figure out what other city Ha Noi reminds me of. It's cleaner than Bangkok but maybe not as international, though it's still very modern and convenient. It has a bit of a European feel, yet still historic and unique. So I can't say for certain, but I can say that I have enjoyed my stay so far.

We're staying at the Ha Noi backpackers hostel and it's a great place to meet new people. It's a bit more expensive than the previous cities we've been in but still much cheaper compared to home. We've spent the last few days walking around and exploring the city. We booked a boat tour of Halong Bay that leaves tomorrow which we're all really excited about. It's supposed to be absolutely breathtaking and I believe it was named a new seventh wonder of the natural world, though I may be making it up. We'll also celebrate Liana's birthday on the boat, something we're also looking forward to.




After our tour we're returning to Ha Noi for a few days, then Kavita will leave us to return to Korea and Melissa, Liana and I will make our way down the coast. Looking forward to all that Vietnam has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment