Saturday, August 7, 2010

Overall

The last 25 days have been an exhausting, emotional, daring, beautiful adventure. I would not have changed a single thing about it.

Since I'm home now and can kind of put everything into perspective, it's hard to believe that 51 people did what we just did. There were a lot of long hours on the bus, some dirty hotels and ridiculously rude waiters, to name the least of our problems. But we all looked past it and found the true beauty in the adventure we were on.

This trip definitely would not have been the same had it not been for the wonderful people I met. I know I'm going to keep in touch with a few of them. Because no one can impact a person's life in the way they did without continuing to stay in contact.

My favorite place was London and I didn't think it would be. It was a vary warm, welcoming city, and we had some of the best times there. On the second day, we took the hop-on, hop-off bus tour and had a picnic in the middle of the city. A memory I will never, ever forget. It was at that time that everyone was getting to know each other better and get more comfortable with one another.

My least favorite place was Paris and I didn't think it would be. Everyone was just sort of rude and stand off-ish to us. The city didn't seem particularly warm. It was entirely too crowded and I didn't get to know her in the way I wanted to. All I saw was the typical tourist hotspots, long lines, and angry, impatient people. But it goes without being said that Florence is still my favorite city in the entire world.

I have about three weeks at home now to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. Then I am on my way to Busan! I'm so excited to embark on this journey and I know it will be a lot different than the last month I just spend abroad. Perhaps when I travel alone, I will be able to get a true sense of what it means to be a traveler and not just a tourist.

Thanks for following along on this incredible journey... but it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment