Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where am I going?

Hello and goodbye, I suppose, to everyone reading.

I have less than two weeks left as a temporary Korean citizen and it's an overwhelming mix of emotion. I've started to check items off my list and I have very little to do before I leave. I can't begin to describe how great the last year was so I don't even think I'll attempt.

Flights and hostels are now booked. As of now, I have 6 flights that I will be taking to and from various locations... cities, countries, continents. I can't believe I'm really doing this.

If you'd like to follow along on my journey, I will do my absolute best to keep this blog updated. If you want direct communication, you can always e-mail me at jenasprau@gmail.com

If you don't want to do either of those things but would like to know where I'm going, here's a very rough, in no way absolute, timeline of our trip.

Melissa and I fly from Busan to Bangkok during the first week of September. We arrive early in the morning and will do our best to find our hostel in the midst of what I'm sure will be a chaotic city. Once we settle in, we'll meet our other travel companions, Liana and Kavita.

We're going to parade around northern Thailand for about two weeks and then make our way into Laos. We'll be in Laos for approximately a week before we fly into Vietnam. We're spending a good amount of time in Vietnam, though I don't know exactly how long. At some point, we're making our way into Cambodia before we ultimately travel back to Southern Thailand.

Kavita is leaving us after the first three or four weeks to return to Busan. I'm leaving Liana and Melissa the first week of November to meet my mother for the vacation of a lifetime in Italy! As I'm sure many would guess, we'll take the train to Florence for a few days before coming back to Rome to fly home.

As always, I send my love and thanks to everyone who sent me the same in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment